Picsel Welcomes over 800,000 New iPhone and IPad SmartOffice Users
Picsel Welcomes Another 840,000 New iPhone and IPad SmartOffice Users after Phenomenal Response to May Weekend Campaign in App Store
15th May 2012
Picsel, a dynamic mobile solutions provider, is pleased to announce the huge success of the recent SmartOffice™ May Weekend promotion run on Apple App Store.
Picsel would like to take this opportunity to welcome over 840,000 iOS users who downloaded the latest App, Smart Office 2, last weekend. This means that in addition to the 190,000 new users gained with the recent Samsung promotion, Picsel have added over One Million new users over a weekend, taking the total SmartOffice App download user base to a figure well over 2 million!
SmartOffice 2 reached a Number 1 App Store ranking in 27 countries during the promotional period and was the top selling Productivity App in 79 countries.
Smart Office™ makes creating, editing and sharing Microsoft Office and other documents on the move even easier through a contextual interface, drag and drop editing and sharing to email in original or PDF format and sharing to Dropbox and Google Docs.
SmartOffice™ has been available in major app stores including Google Play, Apple App Store, Samsung Market, GetJar Gold, Amazon, AppsLib, HP App Catalog, and Nokia’s Ovi Store, since late 2010.
Imran Khand, CEO, Picsel said, “I am both amazed and highly excited with the success of this promotion. This clearly demonstrates the endorsement of our product and technology by the iOS community which is further emphasised by the thousands of positive reviews and comments we have received. This clearly highlights the desire mobile Office Users have for our Mobile Office Solution. “
For official release dates, follow Picsel on Facebook and Twitter.
Customers and journalists can follow Picsel on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/picseluk
And on Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/picseluk.
To Subscribe to Picsel RSS news feed, visit http://picsel.com/news/
For more information:
Tel: +44 (0) 141 885 5588
Picsel is a dynamic mobile solutions provider, whose pioneering software enables true office mobility, and other rich content enabled solutions. Key stakeholders, such as handset OEMs and Operators, use Picsel’s solutions to deliver vibrant and visually stunning mobile experiences that rival, and often surpass the experience of the desktop PC. For more information, please visit http://www.picsel.com
Picsel’s benchmark viewing technology means you can view Adobe® PDF documents, image files, plain text and other standard applications, without losing important content.
• Load email attachments, edit and send back while you’re out of the office or in a meeting.
• Create new documents from scratch. SmartOffice™ is the only office application that allows you to create documents using a FREE set of preloaded templates.
• Smart Office™ is intelligent, it adapts to the device with UI included in the application developed to know whether the user is utilising a Tablet or Smartphone.
New features in SmartOffice 2 include:
• Printing: No need to buy a separate Printer app. Simply print to thousands of wireless printers from 34 manufacturers including HP, Epson, Canon and Samsung directly from Smart Office™ using the new Print Room UI.
• Save As PDF: Save office document in PDF format to your device.
• Email as PDF: Email office documents as PDF from Smart Office™
• Timeline View: A unique view of your recent documents in date order. Document thumbnails are displayed with meta data.
• Document Info View: See important meta data, quick launch documents at any page and quick actions such as Print, Copy, Rename, Delete and Share.
• Cloud File Access: Download your files directly from Dropbox and Google Docs™.
• Fully Featured Editing Suite: Smart Office 2 offers many new editing and view improvements.
Smart Office™ 2 also includes Drag and Drop editing in Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint, intelligent UI, zoom to n-up and share to email and more.
Smart Office Lite is a FREE version of Smart Office, also available now. It is a document viewer with printing, PDF saving and even spreadsheet recalculation, which also offers users an opportunity to upgrade to the full version.